INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Seven Corners, Inc., an international travel insurance and specialty benefit management company, made its debut in the Latin American travel insurance market on June 19. Through a distribution arrangement with Open Insurances, Seven Corners is offering annual and per trip protection plans designed specifically for consumers in this region. Open Insurances, which has been selling expatriate medical and travel plans in the Latin American market for 20 years, will utilize their already large and still growing network of agents to sell the new plans.
“We are excited to be a part of this opportunity. The Latin American insurance market is growing and has a need for insurance plans with specialized benefits and delivery options,” said Eugenio Chinchilla, president, LAC region for Seven Corners. “We are entering the market at an opportune time to meet consumer expectations. That, coupled with our 24/7 customer service focus, including our ability to provide service levels, documents and ecommerce in Spanish, is key to our expansion in this space.”
Before forming an alliance with Seven Corners, Open Insurances’ travel insurance sales were made through paper applications. According to Hazkel Puterman, co-founder of Open Insurances, “Seven Corners’ products and mobile responsive website fill a gap in the Latin American travel insurance market. Their ecommerce platform allows for easy and quick purchases by phone. This is an important facet of the market, and it will contribute to the growth in sales leads generated from social media.”
Both the annual and per trip plans include the following worldwide benefits, along with 24/7 multilingual travel assistance services provided by Seven Corners Assist:
- Medical expenses for injuries and illnesses including emergency care, ambulance services and more;
- Dental expenses in case of pain or accidents;
- Emergency medical evacuation and transportation to the closest appropriate medical facility;
- Political evacuation and transportation if a formal recommendation to leave a country due to political unrest occurs;
- Medical care for injuries or illnesses due to terrorist activity;
- Trip cancellation option for residents outside of the United States;
- Upgraded travel benefit option including baggage loss, baggage delay, personal liability, trip interruption, trip delay and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D).
“In the short time these plans have been available, we have seen a huge interest from agents who are active in the Latin American insurance market. They are pleased to have access to products that so clearly meet the needs of the consumers,” said Juan Carlos Fernandez Alemán, co-founder of Open Insurances. “We anticipate great results for both the per trip plan and the annual option.”
To request a quote or for detailed information about the terms and conditions of these plans, please visit http://openinsurances.com/. Seven Corners is a member of the U.S. Travel Insurance Association (UStiA) and is an A+ rated Better Business Bureau accredited company.