All benefits shown below are per plan participant and per coverage period unless otherwise stated.
This is the medical expense limit for injuries and illnesses which occur during your coverage period.
Choose from these options: $50,000, $100,000, $500,000, $1,000,000 per plan participant per period of coverage
Choose from these options:$0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500 per plan participant per period of coverage. There is a limit of 3 deductibles for a family.
Coinsurance This is your share of the cost of your medical expenses, which you pay after you have paid your deductible.
Travel in the United States — After you pay the deductible, we pay 80% of the next $5,000 of eligible expenses, then we pay 100% to your medical maximum.
Travel outside the United States — After you pay the deductible, we pay 100% of eligible expenses to your medical maximum.
Inpatient & Outpatient Medical Expenses Medical Maximum
Pays reasonable and customary charges for covered expenses.
Dental Sudden Relief Of Pain $100
Covers emergency treatment for relief of pain to sound natural teeth.
Dental Accident Coverage $500
Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation* $300,000
(paid in addition to your medical maximum)
If medically necessary, we will:
- Transport you to the nearest appropriate medical facilities.
- Transport you home after an evacuation.
Emergency Medical Reunion* $50,000
If you require an emergency medical evacuation, we will send one person of your choice to be at your side while you are hospitalized.
Return Of Minor Children* $50,000
If you’re traveling alone with minor children, under age 19, and are hospitalized because of a covered illness/injury, we will transport the children home with an escort.
Return Of Mortal Remains* $50,000
We will return your remains to your home country if you die while traveling.
Covers medical expenses due to a terrorist act. (lifetime maximum)
Hospital Indemnity $150/night, 30-night limit
This benefit is paid per occurrence if you are hospitalized outside the U.S. or Canada. It is paid in addition to other covered expenses, and you may use these funds as you wish.
Local Ambulance Benefit $5,000
Loss Of Checked Luggage $50 per article/$250 maximum per occurrence
Home Country Coverage
Incidental Trips to the Home Country $50,000
Covers a new illness/injury which occurs on an incidental trip home. You earn covered days at home at approximately 1 day per 6 days of coverage. (Not available for purchases of less than 30 days.)
Home Country Extension of Benefits $5,000
Covers expenses incurred in your home country for conditions first diagnosed and treated while traveling outside your home country
Unexpected Recurrence age 69 & under - $20,000
of a Pre-Existing Condition age 70 & up - $5,000
(U.S. residents traveling outside the U.S. & Canada)
This covers medical expenses for a sudden, unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition.
Acute Onset of a age 69 & under - $15,000
Pre-Existing Condition1 age 70 & over - $0
(non-U.S. residents traveling in the U.S.)
Covers medical expenses if treatment is received within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected recurrence.
Interruption Of Trip $5,000
Reimburses you for prepaid payments for unused travel arrangements and additional transportation costs to return to your residence if your trip is interrupted due to:
- Your death or an immediate family member’s or child caregiver’s death
- Your or your traveling companion’s residence is uninhabitable due to fire, flood, burglary or other natural disaster
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
$25,000 Principal Sum plan participant & spouse
$5,000 Principal Sum per child
Pays a percentage of the principal sum for death, loss of limbs, or loss of sight due to an accident occurring on your trip.
Common Carrier Accidental Death
$50,000 Principal Sum plan participant & spouse
$10,000 Principal Sum per child
Pays death benefits due to an accident occurring on your trip if you are on a motorized land, sea, &/or air conveyance operating under a valid license for transporting passengers for hire.
Only one AD&D benefit, the largest, will be paid.
Benefit Period 180 days
This is the amount of time you have from the date of your injury/illness to receive treatment. Your initial treatment must begin within 30 days and may continue for up to 180 days. If your plan ends during your benefit period, you can receive treatment. If you have returned home, your coverage is limited under the Home Country Extension of Benefits.
Optional Hazardous Sports
This option provides coverage for: motorcycle/motor scooter riding (whether as a passenger or a driver), hang gliding, parachuting, bungee jumping, water skiing, wakeboard riding, jet skiing, windsurfing, snow skiing, snowmobiling, and snowboarding.
Travel Assistance Service 24/7 worldwide
These services are not insurance and are not underwritten by Advent.
*These benefits must be approved and arranged by Seven Corners Assist in consultation with the local attending physician.
1 A condition that is congenital or gradually worsens over time is not covered. There is no coverage for known, required or expected treatment existent or necessary prior to your coverage start date or if you had a prescription or treatment change for a diagnosis related to the acute event 30 days before the onset.
Coverage Period — 5 to 45 days.
Continuing Coverage - If you buy less than 45 days of coverage, you may buy additional time, to a total of 45 days. We will send you a renewal notice allowing you to do this. Your initial coverage start date is used for deductible and coinsurance calculations and to determine pre-existing conditions.
Who is Covered? You can buy for yourself, your legal spouse, domestic partner, or civil union partner as well as your unmarried dependent children over 14 days old & under 19 years.
Coverage Start Date - Coverage begins on the date of your choice once you have left your home country and we have received and approved your application & payment.
Coverage End Date - Coverage ends on the earlier of the following: your return to your home country (except for Home Country Coverage), the end of the coverage days you purchased, when you are no longer eligible for coverage, or when you report for full-time active duty in any Armed Forces.
Filing A Claim
Filing a claim is easy! Simply send the itemized bill to Seven Corners within 90 days, along with a completed claim form. Payments can be converted to a currency of your choosing.
Visit our claims page.
Seven Corners will provide a refund of your plan cost if we receive a written request from you prior to your coverage start date. If we receive your written request after your coverage start date, the unused portion of your plan cost may be refunded minus a cancellation fee if you have not submitted any claims.
You or your medical provider must notify Seven Corners Assist prior to any medical treatment in the U.S. and all hospital admissions and inpatient/outpatient surgeries worldwide. For emergency admissions, you must contact us within 48 hours or as soon a reasonably possible. Pre-notification does not guarantee benefits will be paid.
Please be aware that this is not a general health insurance plan, but an interim, limited benefit period, travel medical program intended for use while away from your home country.
This website is intended as a brief summary of benefits and services. It is
not your plan document. If there is any difference between this website and your plan document, the provisions of the plan document will prevail. Benefits and premiums are subject to change.
It is your responsibility to maintain all records regarding travel history, age, and provide necessary documents to Seven Corners to verify your eligibility
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: This insurance is not subject to, and does not provide certain insurance benefits required by the United States Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“PPACA”). The insurance benefits provided by insurance under the Plan Document are stated in your plan documents and do not include additional benefits required by PPACA. The PPACA requires certain U.S. residents and citizens to obtain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. The Plan Document and Evidence of Coverage are not subject to guaranteed issuance or renewal. In certain circumstances penalties may be imposed on U.S. residents and citizens who do not maintain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. You should consult your attorney, insurance agent or tax professional to determine if the PPACA’s requirements are applicable to you.
State Restrictions: Liaison International is not available for purchase in Maryland or Washington.
About Your Insurance Company
Seven Corners will handle your insurance needs from start to finish. We will process your purchase, provide all documents, and handle any claims. In addition, our 24/7 in-house travel assistance team, Seven Corners Assist, will handle your emergency and travel needs. We have 20+ years of experience serving the needs of travelers worldwide — We are here to help!
You can feel confident with Liaison International’s strong financial backing through Advent Underwriting Limited on behalf of Advent Syndicate 780 at Lloyd’s.*
*In specific scenarios, coverage is provided by Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, London or Tramont Insurance Company Limited. For more information regarding Tramont, please visit tramontinsurance.com.
Seven Corners operates under the name, Seven Corners Insurance Services, in California.
For more information about Advent's Complaints and Data Protection Policy, please click here.
Below is a summary of items excluded from coverage. Please see your policy for a complete listing.
- Pre-existing conditions, except when covered under Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition and Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition; (This exclusion does not apply to Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation.)
- Claims not presented to us for payment within 90 days of treatment;
- Treatment which is not medically necessary; provided at no cost or by your relative or anyone living with you; exceeds reasonable & customary charges; is experimental/investigational, non-medical; mental & nervous disorders or rest cures; congenital abnormalities & related conditions; human organ tissue transplants; sex change operations; treatment of sexual dysfunction/inadequacy; weight reduction programs; surgical treatment of obesity; expenses for an emergency hospital visit not of an emergency nature; occupational diseases & related complications; venereal disease including all sexually transmitted diseases & related consequences; exercise programs; sleep apnea & sleep disorders; treatment & supplies not provided by a doctor; products purchased without a doctor’s prescription;
- Suicide or any attempt; self-inflicted injury/illness; expenses related to commission of a felony;
- War, hostilities, warlike operations, invasion, act of foreign enemy, civil war or uprising, riot, rebellion, insurrection, revolution, overthrow of the government, military or usurped power, explosion of war weapons, usage of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons of mass destruction, murder or assault proven to be the act of agents of a state foreign to your nationality, and any loss related to actions to control, prevent, or suppress the situations listed above.
- Injury while participating in professional athletics, amateur or interscholastic athletics;
- Routine physicals & immunizations; vocational, occupational, speech, recreational or music therapy; temporomandibular joint treatment; cosmetic/plastic surgery; treatment of a deviated nasal septum; elective surgery; learning disabilities, attitudinal disorders, disciplinary problems;
- False teeth, dentures, dental appliances, dental expenses (except as provided in the Dental Benefit); normal ear tests, hearing aids & implants, eye refractions or exams to prescribe or fit corrective lenses unless due to accidental bodily injury; eyeglasses, contact lenses, eye surgery to correct nearsightendness, farsightedness or astigmatism;
- Treatment related to alcohol, drug or chemical abuse, misuse, illegal use, overuse or dependency or use of any drug or narcotic; injury related to intoxicating liquor, chemicals, drugs or narcotic agent unless prescribed by a physician and taken as directed by the physician;
- Pregnancy & illness due to pregnancy, childbirth or miscarriage, miscarriage due to an accident or complications of pregnancy; postnatal care; treatment which promotes or prevents conception or childbirth;
- Expenses related to the discharge, explosion or use of a device, weapon or material employing or involving nuclear fission, nuclear fusion, radioactive force, chemical, biological, radiological or similar agents; treatment due to exposure to non-medical nuclear radiation or radioactive materials;
- Expenses incurred in your home country (except for the Home Country Coverage benefit); expenses incurred if the trip was taken to seek medical treatment; expenses incurred on a trip after your doctor has limited or restricted travel; expenses incurred in the U.S. (except for the Home Country Coverage benefit or unless coverage in the U.S. has been selected & appropriate premium paid); elective surgery which can be postponed until you return to your home country;
- Expenses for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Aids Related Complex (ARC) or the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV);
- Expenses for acne, moles, skin tags, sebaceous gland disease, nevus, seborrhea, sebaceous cyst, hypertrophic & atrophic skin conditions;
- Injury while taking part in mountaineering, hang gliding, paragliding, parachuting, bungee jumping, racing by animal or motor vehicle/motorcycle, snowmobiling, motorcycle/motor scooter riding (as a passenger or driver), scuba diving with underwater breathing apparatus (unless PADI or NAUI certified), water skiing, wakeboard riding, jet skiing, windsurfing, snow skiing and snowboarding, any sport/athletic activity undertaken for thrill seeking which exposes you to abnormal or extreme risk of injury;
- Treatment paid for or furnished under any other individual or group policy, service or medical pre-payment plan or under any mandatory government plan or facility providing treatment at no cost to you;
- Travel accommodations, except as otherwise specifically provided.
Hospital Indemnity - If you are hospitalized while traveling
outside the U.S. or Canada, we will pay you as shown in the schedule.
This benefit is in addition to other covered expenses, and you may use
these funds as you wish.
Terrorism - If you are injured due to terrorist activity, we will
provide benefits if the following conditions are met: You have no direct
or indirect involvement; the terrorist activity is not in a location where
the U.S. government issued a travel warning 6 months prior to your
arrival; you have not unreasonably failed or refused to depart a country
or location after a warning is issued by the U.S. government.
Optional Coverage - Hazardous Sports
Would you like to include some adventure in your travels? You
may buy coverage for the following activities: motorcycle/motor
scooter riding (driver or passenger), hang gliding, parachuting,
bungee jumping, water skiing, snow boarding, snow skiing,
snowmobiling, wakeboard riding, jet skiing, windsurfing.
Pre-existing Conditions -
Pre-existing conditions are normally not covered on travel medical plans.
Liaison International provides coverage in the two benefits below.
Unexpected Recurrence -
U.S. Residents traveling outside the United States & Canada —
We pay to the specified limit for a sudden, unexpected recurrence of a
pre-existing condition. We do not cover known, required, or expected
treatment existent or necessary 12 months prior to your coverage.
Acute Onset -
Non U.S. Residents under age 70 traveling in the United States —
We pay to the stated limit for an acute onset which occurs during your
coverage period if you receive treatment within 24 hours of the sudden
and unexpected recurrence. A condition that is congenital or gradually
worsens over time is not covered. Also, there is no coverage for known,
required, or expected treatment existent or necessary prior to your coverage start date or if you had a prescription or treatment change for a diagnosis related to the acute event 30 days before the onset.
Provider Network — A network provider can be located at www.sevencorners.com/ppo or by contacting Seven Corners Assist. Inside the U.S., the network is not required although there are potential savings with its use. Outside of the U.S., we have an extensive network of providers, many of which have direct pay agreements. We recommend you contact us for a referral, but you may seek treatment at any facility.
Utilizing the network does not guarantee benefits or that the treating facility will bill Seven Corners direct. We do not guarantee payment to a facility or individual until we determine that it is an eligible expense.