All benefits shown below are per plan participant and per coverage period unless otherwise stated.
This is the medical expense limit for injuries and illnesses which occur during your coverage period.
Choose from these options: $50,000, $100,000, $500,000, $1,000,000 per plan participant per period of coverage
Choose from these options:$0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500 per plan participant per period of coverage. There is a limit of 3 deductibles for a family.
Coinsurance This is your share of the cost of your medical expenses, which you pay after you have paid your deductible.
Travel in the United States — After you pay the deductible, we pay 80% of the next $5,000 of eligible expenses, then we pay 100% to your medical maximum.
Travel outside the United States — After you pay the deductible, we pay 100% of eligible expenses to your medical maximum.
Inpatient & Outpatient Medical Expenses Medical Maximum
Pays reasonable and customary charges for covered expenses.
Dental Sudden Relief Of Pain $100
Covers emergency treatment for relief of pain to sound natural teeth.
Dental Accident Coverage $500
Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation* $300,000
(paid in addition to your medical maximum)
If medically necessary, we will:
- Transport you to the nearest appropriate medical facilities.
- Transport you home after an evacuation.
Emergency Medical Reunion* $50,000
If you require an emergency medical evacuation, we will send one person of your choice to be at your side while you are hospitalized.
Return Of Minor Children* $50,000
If you’re traveling alone with minor children, under age 19, and are hospitalized because of a covered illness/injury, we will transport the children home with an escort.
Return Of Mortal Remains* $50,000
We will return your remains to your home country if you die while traveling.
Covers medical expenses due to a terrorist act. (lifetime maximum)
Hospital Indemnity $150/night, 30-night limit
This benefit is paid per occurrence if you are hospitalized outside the U.S. or Canada. It is paid in addition to other covered expenses, and you may use these funds as you wish.
Local Ambulance Benefit $5,000
Loss Of Checked Luggage $50 per article/$250 maximum per occurrence
Home Country Coverage
Incidental Trips to the Home Country $50,000
Covers a new illness/injury which occurs on an incidental trip home. You earn covered days at home at approximately 1 day per 6 days of coverage. (Not available for purchases of less than 30 days.)
Home Country Extension of Benefits $5,000
Covers expenses incurred in your home country for conditions first diagnosed and treated while traveling outside your home country
Unexpected Recurrence age 69 & under - $20,000
of a Pre-Existing Condition age 70 & up - $5,000
(U.S. residents traveling outside the U.S. & Canada)
This covers medical expenses for a sudden, unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition.
Acute Onset of a age 69 & under - $15,000
Pre-Existing Condition1 age 70 & over - $0
(non-U.S. residents traveling in the U.S.)
Covers medical expenses if treatment is received within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected recurrence.
Interruption Of Trip $5,000
Reimburses you for prepaid payments for unused travel arrangements and additional transportation costs to return to your residence if your trip is interrupted due to:
- Your death or an immediate family member’s or child caregiver’s death
- Your or your traveling companion’s residence is uninhabitable due to fire, flood, burglary or other natural disaster
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
$25,000 Principal Sum plan participant & spouse
$5,000 Principal Sum per child
Pays a percentage of the principal sum for death, loss of limbs, or loss of sight due to an accident occurring on your trip.
Common Carrier Accidental Death
$50,000 Principal Sum plan participant & spouse
$10,000 Principal Sum per child
Pays death benefits due to an accident occurring on your trip if you are on a motorized land, sea, &/or air conveyance operating under a valid license for transporting passengers for hire.
Only one AD&D benefit, the largest, will be paid.
Benefit Period 180 days
This is the amount of time you have from the date of your injury/illness to receive treatment. Your initial treatment must begin within 30 days and may continue for up to 180 days. If your plan ends during your benefit period, you can receive treatment. If you have returned home, your coverage is limited under the Home Country Extension of Benefits.
Optional Hazardous Sports
This option provides coverage for: motorcycle/motor scooter riding (whether as a passenger or a driver), hang gliding, parachuting, bungee jumping, water skiing, wakeboard riding, jet skiing, windsurfing, snow skiing, snowmobiling, and snowboarding.
Travel Assistance Service 24/7 worldwide
These services are not insurance and are not underwritten by Advent Underwriting Limited on behalf of Advent Syndicate 780 at Lloyd's.
*These benefits must be approved and arranged by Seven Corners Assist in consultation with the local attending physician.
1 A condition that is congenital or gradually worsens over time is not covered. There is no coverage for known, required or expected treatment existent or necessary prior to your coverage start date or if you had a prescription or treatment change for a diagnosis related to the acute event 30 days before the onset.
Rates Based On A $250 Deductible - Effective from January 5, 2015. See the table at the bottom of this page to determine the factor associated with each deductible.
Traveling Outside the United States
100% coinsurance after your deductible
Swipe chart to view all columns.
|Policy Maximum Options →
|19 to 29
|30 to 39
|40 to 49
|50 to 59
|60 to 64
|65 to 69
|70 to 79*
Traveling to the United States
80% coinsurance to $5,000, then 100% to plan maximum
Swipe chart to view all columns.
|Policy Maximum Options →
|19 to 29
|30 to 39
|40 to 49
|50 to 59
|60 to 64
|65 to 69
|70 to 79*
Deductible with Corresponding Factor
Swipe chart to view all columns.
* Policy maximum options are limited as noted in the tables above with N/A for dollar limits that cannot be provided. Individuals age 80+ are limited to $15,000.
** Child Alone rate is used when a child will be insured by themselves. Dependent Child rate applies when at least one parent will also be covered under Liaison International.
Coverage Period — 5 to 45 days.
Continuing Coverage - If you buy less than 45 days of coverage, you may buy additional time, to a total of 45 days. We will send you a renewal notice allowing you to do this. Your initial coverage start date is used for deductible and coinsurance calculations and to determine pre-existing conditions.
Who is Covered? You can buy for yourself, your legal spouse, domestic partner, or civil union partner as well as your unmarried dependent children over 14 days old & under 19 years.
Coverage Start Date - Coverage begins on the date of your choice once you have left your home country and we have received and approved your application & payment.
Coverage End Date - Coverage ends on the earlier of the following: your return to your home country (except for Home Country Coverage), the end of the coverage days you purchased, when you are no longer eligible for coverage, or when you report for full-time active duty in any Armed Forces.
Filing A Claim
Filing a claim is easy! Simply send the itemized bill to Seven Corners within 90 days, along with a completed claim form. Payments can be converted to a currency of your choosing.
Visit our claims page.
Seven Corners will provide a refund of your plan cost if we receive a written request from you prior to your coverage start date. If we receive your written request after your coverage start date, the unused portion of your plan cost may be refunded minus a cancellation fee if you have not submitted any claims.
You or your medical provider must notify Seven Corners Assist prior to any medical treatment in the U.S. and all hospital admissions and inpatient/outpatient surgeries worldwide. For emergency admissions, you must contact us within 48 hours or as soon a reasonably possible. Pre-notification does not guarantee benefits will be paid.
Please be aware that this is not a general health insurance plan, but an interim, limited benefit period, travel medical program intended for use while away from your home country.
This website is intended as a brief summary of benefits and services. It is
not your plan document. If there is any difference between this website and your plan document, the provisions of the plan document will prevail. Benefits and premiums are subject to change.
It is your responsibility to maintain all records regarding travel history, age, and provide necessary documents to Seven Corners to verify your eligibility
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: This insurance is not subject to, and does not provide certain insurance benefits required by the United States Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“PPACA”). The insurance benefits provided by insurance under the Plan Document are stated in your plan documents and do not include additional benefits required by PPACA. The PPACA requires certain U.S. residents and citizens to obtain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. The Plan Document and Evidence of Coverage are not subject to guaranteed issuance or renewal. In certain circumstances penalties may be imposed on U.S. residents and citizens who do not maintain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. You should consult your attorney, insurance agent or tax professional to determine if the PPACA’s requirements are applicable to you.
State Restrictions: We cannot accept an address in Maryland, Washington, New York, and South Dakota.
Country Restrictions: Country Restrictions: We cannot accept an address in Islamic Republic of Iran, Syrian Arab Republic, U.S. Virgin Islands, Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone.
Destination Restrictions: We cannot cover trips to Islamic Republic of Iran and Syrian Arab Republic.
About Your Insurance Company
Seven Corners will handle your insurance needs from start to finish. We will process your purchase, provide all documents, and handle any claims. In addition, our 24/7 in-house travel assistance team, Seven Corners Assist, will handle your emergency and travel needs. We have 20+ years of experience serving the needs of travelers worldwide — We are here to help!
Liaison International is underwritten by Advent Underwriting Limited on behalf of Advent Syndicate 780 at Lloyd’s.*
*In specific scenarios, coverage is provided by Tramont Insurance Company Limited. For more information regarding Tramont, please visit tramontinsurance.com.
Seven Corners operates under the name, Seven Corners Insurance Services, in California.
For more information about Advent's Complaints and Data Protection Policy, please click here.
Below is a list of the exclusions in your plan. View a sample plan document.
For Medical Benefits, this Insurance does not cover:
- Pre-existing Conditions which are excluded under this Certificate. This means that any claims for Pre-existing Conditions will not be covered
for the duration of this Certificate.
- If You are a United States resident under age 70, this exclusion is waived for the first $25,000 in eligible medical expenses incurred
outside the United States (for persons age 70 and over, the amount is $5,000), minus Your Deductible and selected Coinsurance option
(Plan E or F). This waiver does not include coverage for known, scheduled, required, or expected medical care, drugs, or Treatments
existent or necessary prior to the effective date of this program.
- If you are a non-U.S. resident under age 70, this exclusion is waived for eligible medical expenses for an Acute Onset of a Pre-existing
Condition(s) (as defined herein) up to $45,000 (Ages 65-69 limited to $2,000) for eligible medical expenses incurred in the United
States, minus Your Deductible and selected Coinsurance option (Plan A or B). For persons age 70 and over, there is no benefit. This
benefit does not include coverage for known, scheduled, required, or expected medical care, drugs, or Treatments existent or necessary
prior to arrival in the United States and prior to the effective date of this program.
If the Pre-existing Conditions exclusion is waived, all of the remaining exclusions still apply.
- Charges for Treatment which exceed Usual, Reasonable and Customary charges; or charges incurred for Surgeries or Treatments which are
Investigational, Experimental, or for research purposes; expenses which are non-medical in nature;
- Claims not received by Seven Corners within ninety (90) days of the date of service;
- Expenses for vocational, occupational, sleep, speech, recreational or music therapy;
- Durable medical equipment;
- Expenses which were not recommended, approved and certified as Medically Necessary and reasonable by a Physician;
- Suicide or any attempt thereof, or self-destruction or any attempt thereof; intentionally self-inflicted Injury or Illness;
- Expenses as a result of, or in connection with, the commission of a felony offense or any other criminal or illegal activity as defined by the
local governing body;
- War, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), Invasion, Act of an enemy foreign to the nationality of the Insured
Person or the country in, or over, which the act occurs, Civil war, Riot, Rebellion, Insurrection, Revolution, Overthrow of the legally constituted
government, Civil commotion assuming the proportions of, or amounting to, an uprising, Military or usurped power, Explosions of war
weapons, Utilization of Nuclear, Chemical or Biological weapons of mass destruction howsoever these may be distributed or combined,
Murder or Assault subsequently proved beyond reasonable doubt to have been the act of agents of a state foreign to the nationality of the
Insured Person whether war be declared with that state or not. For the purpose of this Exclusion; i) Utilization of Nuclear weapons of mass
destruction means the use of any explosive nuclear weapon or device or the emission, discharge, dispersal, release or escape of fissile
material emitting a level of radioactivity capable of causing incapacitating disablement or death amongst people or animals (including in
connection with Terrorist Activity). ii) Utilization of Chemical weapons of mass destruction means the emission, discharge, dispersal, release
or escape of any solid, liquid or gaseous chemical compound which, when suitably distributed, is capable of causing incapacitating
disablement or death amongst people or animals (including in connection with Terrorist Activity). iii) Utilization of Biological weapons of mass
destruction means the emission, discharge, dispersal, release or escape of any pathogenic (disease producing) micro-organism(s) and/or
biologically produced toxin(s) (including genetically modified organisms and chemically synthesized toxins) which are capable of causing
incapacitating disablement or death amongst people or animals (including in connection with Terrorist Activity). Also excluded hereon is any
Loss or expense of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to, caused by, resulting from, or in connection with any
action taken in controlling, preventing, or suppressing any, or all, of the situations described above. In the event any portion of this exclusion
is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder shall remain in full force and effect;
- Terrorist Activity. For the purpose of this Exclusion, Terrorist Activity means an act, or acts, of any person, or group(s) of persons, committed
for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes with the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public, or any section of
the public, in fear. Terrorist Activity can include, but not be limited to, the actual use of force or violence and/or the threat of such use.
Furthermore, the perpetrators of terrorist activity can either be acting alone, or on behalf of, or in connection with any organization(s) or
governments(s). The Company shall not be liable for and will not provide coverage or benefits in excess of the maximum stated in the
SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS for any claim or charges, Illness, Injury or other consequence, whether directly or indirectly, proximately or
remotely occasioned by, contributed to by, or traceable to or arising in connection with any act of Terrorism; and provided, further, the
Company shall not be liable for and will not provide any coverage or benefits for any claim, charges, Illness, Injury or other consequence, whether directly or indirectly, proximately or remotely occasioned by, contributed to by, or traceable to or arising in connection with the
- The Insured Person’s direct or indirect involvement in the Terrorist Activity.
- The Terrorist Activity takes place in a country or location where the United States government has issued a travel warning that has been
in effect within the six (6) months prior to the Insured Person’s date of arrival.
- The Insured Person unreasonably fails or refuses to depart a country or location following the date a warning to leave that country or
location is issued by the United States government.
- Injury sustained while participating in professional athletics, including but not limited to the event, games, practice, conditioning and any other
activity related to professional athletics.
- Injury sustained while participating in amateur or interscholastic athletics, including but not limited to the event, games, practice, conditioning
and any other activity related to amateur or interscholastic athletics; this exclusion does not apply to non-competitive, recreational or
intramural activities. Note: A sponsored and/or organized Amateur or Interscholastic Athletic event includes training camps, team sports, or
any formal grouping of people participating in one or multiple events that may/may not require a fee for participation.
- Occupational Diseases, including but not limited to disease(s) related to asbestos exposure, and the complications thereof, including
asbestosis and mesothelioma related to asbestos exposure;
- Routine physicals, inoculations, or other examinations including but not limited to laboratory, diagnostic, or x-ray examinations where there
are no objective indications or impairment in normal health;
- Diagnosis or Treatment of the temporomandibular joint;
- Chiropractic care or acupuncture;
- Services, supplies, or Treatment prescribed, performed or provided by a Relative of the Insured Person or any family member of the Insured
Person or anyone who lives with the Insured Person. This includes but is not limited to prescription medication and any diagnostic testing;
- Treatment and the provision of false teeth or dentures or dental appliances, normal ear tests and the provision of hearing aids, hearing
implants, cosmetic or plastic Surgery (including deviated nasal septum), dental expenses except as specifically provided in the Dental
Emergency Treatment benefit , eye refractions or eye examinations for the purpose of prescribing corrective lenses for eye-glasses or for the
fitting thereof, unless caused by Accidental bodily Injury incurred while insured hereunder; eyeglasses, contact lenses; eye surgery when the
primary purpose is to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism;
- Treatment in connection with alcohol, drug or chemical abuse, misuse, illegal use, overuse or dependency or use of any drug or narcotic
agent; Injury sustained while under the influence of or Disablement due wholly or partly to the effects of intoxicating liquor, chemicals, or
drugs or narcotic agent, unless administered under the advice of a Physician and said narcotic agent was taken in accordance with the
proper dosing as directed by the physician;
- Mental and Nervous Disorder or Rest Cures;
- Learning disabilities, attitudinal disorders, or disciplinary problems;
- Congenital abnormalities and conditions arising out of or resulting therefrom;
- Expenses incurred during a Hospital emergency room visit which is not of an Emergency nature;
- Injury sustained while taking part in Mountaineering, hang gliding, paragliding, Parachuting, paragliding, zip lining, parasailing, bungee
jumping, racing by any animal or motor vehicle or motorcycle, snowmobiling, motorcycle/motor scooter riding (whether as a passenger or
driver), scuba diving involving underwater breathing apparatus (unless SSI, PADI or NAUI certified), water skiing, wakeboard riding, jet skiing,
windsurfing, snow skiing and snowboarding (except for recreational downhill and/or cross country snow skiing or snowboarding. No cover
provided while skiing/boarding in any violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations, away from prepared and market in-bound territories;
and/or against the advice of the local ski school or local authoritative body); and any sport or athletic activity which is undertaken for thrill
seeking and exposes the Plan Participant to abnormal or extreme risk of injury; Hazardous Sports Coverage: the following are covered if the
required premium has been paid: motorcycle/motor scooter riding (whether as a passenger or a driver), hang gliding, Parachuting, zip lining,
parasailing, bungee jumping, water skiing, wakeboard riding, jet skiing, windsurfing, snowmobiling, and spelunking.
- Treatment paid for or furnished under any other individual, government, or group policy or charges provided at no cost to the Insured Person;
- Diagnosis and or Treatment of venereal disease, including all sexually transmitted diseases and conditions and any and all consequences
- Pregnancy expenses or Illness resulting from Pregnancy, childbirth, or miscarriage; or for miscarriage resulting from an Accident or
complications of Pregnancy; or for postnatal care;
- Drug, Treatment or procedure that either promotes or prevents conception, or prevents childbirth, including but not limited to: artificial
insemination, Treatment for infertility or impotency, sterilization or reversal thereof;
- Expenses incurred while the Insured Person is in their Home Country (except after approved Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation or
if covered under the Home Country Coverage Benefit);
- Expenses incurred for which travel was undertaken to seek Medical Treatment for a condition; or incurred after the Insured Person’s
physician has limited or restricted travel;
- All charges incurred while confined primarily to receive Custodial Care, Educational or Rehabilitative Care, or any Medical Treatment in any
establishment for the care of the aged;
- Treatment for human organ or tissue transplants and their related Treatment;
- Weight reduction programs or the surgical Treatment of obesity, including but not limited to wiring of the teeth and all forms of intestinal
- Modifications of the physical body intended to improve the psychological, mental or emotional well-being of the Insured, including but not
limited to sex-change Surgery; any drug, Treatment, or procedure that promotes, enhances or corrects impotency or sexual dysfunction;
- Expenses resulting from Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS-Related Complex (ARC) or the Human Immunodeficiency
- Exercise programs, whether or not prescribed or recommended by a Physician;
- Treatment required as a result of complications or consequences of a Treatment or condition not covered hereunder;
- Charges for travel accommodations, except as provided for in the Local Ambulance, Emergency Medical or Political Evacuation, Return of
Mortal Remains, Return of Minor Child(ren), Emergency Medical Reunion, Natural Disaster, and Interruption of Trip sections of this
- Diagnosis or Treatment incurred as a result of exposure to non-medical nuclear radiation and/or radioactive materials;
- Diagnosis or Treatment for acne, moles, skin tags, disease of sebaceous glands, seborrhea, sebaceous cyst, unspecified disease of the
sebaceous glands, hypertrophic and atrophic conditions of skin, nevus;
- Treatment, services or supplies that are not administered by or under the supervision of a Physician and products that can be purchased
without a doctor’s prescription;
- Treatment of sleep apnea or other sleep disorders.
Hospital Indemnity - If you are hospitalized while traveling
outside the U.S. or Canada, we will pay you as shown in the schedule.
This benefit is in addition to other covered expenses, and you may use
these funds as you wish.
Terrorism - If you are injured due to terrorist activity, we will
provide benefits if the following conditions are met: You have no direct
or indirect involvement; the terrorist activity is not in a location where
the U.S. government issued a travel warning 6 months prior to your
arrival; you have not unreasonably failed or refused to depart a country
or location after a warning is issued by the U.S. government.
Optional Coverage - Hazardous Sports
Would you like to include some adventure in your travels? You
may buy coverage for the following activities: motorcycle/motor
scooter riding (driver or passenger), hang gliding, parachuting,
bungee jumping, water skiing, snow boarding, snow skiing,
snowmobiling, wakeboard riding, jet skiing, windsurfing.
Pre-existing Conditions -
Pre-existing conditions are normally not covered on travel medical plans.
Liaison International provides coverage in the two benefits below.
Unexpected Recurrence -
U.S. Residents traveling outside the United States & Canada —
We pay to the specified limit for a sudden, unexpected recurrence of a
pre-existing condition. We do not cover known, required, or expected
treatment existent or necessary 12 months prior to your coverage.
Acute Onset -
Non U.S. Residents under age 70 traveling in the United States —
We pay to the stated limit for an acute onset which occurs during your
coverage period if you receive treatment within 24 hours of the sudden
and unexpected recurrence. A condition that is congenital or gradually
worsens over time is not covered. Also, there is no coverage for known,
required, or expected treatment existent or necessary prior to your coverage start date or if you had a prescription or treatment change for a diagnosis related to the acute event 30 days before the onset.
Provider Network — A network provider can be located at www.sevencorners.com/ppo or by contacting Seven Corners Assist. Inside the U.S., the network is not required although there are potential savings with its use. Outside of the U.S., we have an extensive network of providers, many of which have direct pay agreements. We recommend you contact us for a referral, but you may seek treatment at any facility.
Utilizing the network does not guarantee benefits or that the treating facility will bill Seven Corners direct. We do not guarantee payment to a facility or individual until we determine that it is an eligible expense.