How does Negotiator® protect me?
Negotiator® Crisis Management services cover many types of personal security situations while you are traveling.
Insured Events are crisis events* and could include:
- child abduction
- civil commotion
- act of terrorism
- natural disaster
- violent crime or malicious attack
- wrongful detention
- blackmail, or extortion
- political threat to include upheaval from war, riot, rebellion, revolution, and invasion
*A crisis event is any unstable and dangerous situation resulting from an unforeseen insured event, which has directly caused or has the potential to cause serious bodily harm or death to an insured person, with little to no warning.
Who can Buy Negotiator®?
To purchase Negotiator® you must be traveling outside your home country, which is the place where you have your true, fixed and permanent home and principal establishment.
How Long Am I Covered?
You may buy a plan for up to 180 days. Pricing varies based on your travel destination and the length of time you travel.
Security Exchange Crisis Response Consultant $250,000
We pay reasonable and necessary fees and expenses incurred directly and solely in the management of a potential, actual, or threatened crisis event. We cover any one crisis event which first starts during your period of insurance. The maximum period of time that Security Exchange will provide crisis response consultant services is 30 days for each insured event.
Extra Expenses $50,000
These are expenses pre-approved by Security Exchange and incurred by you directly and solely as the result of the management of a potential, actual or threatened crisis event. We cover any one crisis event which first starts during your period of insurance.
Extra Expenses include:
- emergency evacuation costs
- relocation travel and accommodation
- independent interpreter fees and expenses
- development of a search protocol
- deployment of temporary security manager/coordinator or close escort resource
With Crisis Management, there is no reimbursement for any ransom you may pay related to a kidnapping.
Your Responsibility as a Covered Person
When you discover a potential or actual event or incident which may lead to an insured event or any claim for a payment, you must contact the 24-hour emergency crisis line at Security Exchange as soon as practicable.
You must exercise due diligence to take reasonable and practical action to avoid any happening or circumstances covered by this policy and make all reasonable efforts to mitigate any loss as a result of an insured event.
United States, Canada, & Caribbean 1-305-384-4825
International +44 20 3284 8844
Your policy also provides pre-incident and travel advice. The InTouch services provided by the Crisis Response Consultant are to be used for non-emergency inquiries.
Use your policy number as the membership number to register your account. Please visit the below link to register;
Please register your account with Security Exchange as soon as possible. There is a 24-hour delay from the time you create your account until it is accessible.
Your Coverage Start and End Dates
Coverage Start – Your effective date is the start date s of your plan. It is shown on your ID card.
When Your Coverage Begins
Your coverage begins at 12:01 AM North American Eastern Time on the later of the following dates:
a) The day after we receive your application and correct premium if we receive your application and payment on or by fax; or
b) The day after the postmark date of your application and correct premium if we receive application and payment is made by mail; or
c) The moment you depart your home country; or
d) The date you request on your application.
When Your Coverage Ends
Your coverage ends on the earlier of the following dates:
a) You return to your home country; or
b) The expiration of 180 days from the day your coverage begins; or
c) The date shown on your ID card; or
d) The end of the period for which you paid; or
e) The date you are no longer eligible for the plan; or
f) The date the maximum benefit amount has been paid.
It is your responsibility to maintain all records regarding travel history and provide any documents to Seven Corners, which would verify the eligibility requirements.
This brochure is intended as a brief summary of benefits and services. It is not your plan documentation and does not contain a complete list of the coverage, limitations, and exclusions of this plan. If there is any difference between this brochure and your plan document, the provisions of the plan documents will prevail. Benefits and premiums are subject to change.
Your Underwriter Insurance benefits are underwritten by ANV Syndicate.
Your Service Provider All crisis management services are provided by Security Exchange, your crisis response team.
Your Administrator Seven Corners is your administrator. Contact us for pre-purchase and purchase questions, changes to ID cards, and refunds. Contact Security Exchange for all crisis management questions.
After your purchase, you will receive ID cards and plan documents, which will describe your coverage in detail. You will receive contact details explaining how to notify Security Exchange in case of an emergency or claim.
Please be certain to leave a copy of your ID card with a family member or trusted associate.
You may cancel this insurance before the start date of your coverage and receive a full refund. Please notify Seven Corners, Inc. in writing.
We will not pay more than our policy limits. This policy does not include losses arising from or attributable to;
- violation by you or an insured person of the laws or regulations of the country of which they are a national.
- the failure of you or an insured person properly to procure or maintain immigration, work, residence or similar visas, permits or other documentation.
- a debt, insolvency, commercial failure, the repossession of any property by a title holder or any other financial cause.
- the failure of you or an insured person to honor any contractual obligation or bond or to obey any conditions in a license.
- any Crisis Response Consultant fees or expenses, and/or extra expenses arising out of any fact, circumstance, pre-existing condition, situation, bodily injury, property damage, or imminent injury that you, prior to the period of travel, knew, or reasonably should have known, could lead to, cause or result in such crisis response consultant fees or expenses, and/or extra expenses.
- any Kidnapping or Assault of an insured person by a relative or as a result of a domestic dispute;
- an insured person who has had kidnap insurance cancelled or declined in the past;
- any Wrongful Detention, Kidnapping, Blackmail or Extortion of an insured person who has suffered these events in the past;
- any Kidnapping, Blackmail and Extortion, Political Threat, Disappearance or Child Abduction of an insured person within their permanent country of residence or the country within which the insured person is a citizen;
- the payment of any ransom;
- loss arising as a direct result of an insured person travelling to a specific country or area where, prior to his or her period of travel commencing, the Government body or agency of the insured person’s permanent country of residence have advised against all or all but essential travel;
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, this policy does not cover loss consequent on:
(a) war, whether declared or not, between any of the following countries, namely, China, France, the United Kingdom, the Russian Federation and the United States of America, or
(b) war in Europe, whether declared or not, other than:
(i) civil war,
(ii) any enforcement action by or on behalf of the United Nations,
in which any of the countries stated in (a) above or any armed forces thereof are engaged
- The insured person will exercise due diligence to do all things reasonable and practical to avoid any happening or circumstances covered by this policy and to make all reasonable efforts to mitigate any loss arising as a result of an Insured Event
- Upon discovery of a potential or actual event or incident which may give rise to an Insured Event or any claim for a payment, the insured person shall contact the 24-hour Emergency Crisis Line as soon as practicable.
- The territorial limits of this policy shall be world-wide, subject to any excluded territories as agreed us and as in the Schedule.
- In the event of any payment under the policy, we will be subrogated to the extent of such payment to all the insured person's rights of recovery. In such case the insured person will execute all documents required and will do everything necessary to secure and preserve such rights including the executions of such documents necessary to enable us effectively to bring suit in the name of the insured person
- The maximum period for the provision of the crisis response consultant services covered under this policy is 30 days for each Insured Event.
- Neither us nor the crisis response consultant shall be held liable for failure or delay in providing Crisis Management Advice due to causes beyond reasonable control; including but not limited to, act of god, fire, flood, war, hostilities, or government action.
- This insurance may be cancelled by You prior to the effective date of coverage.
Administrator means Seven Corners, Inc.
Covered Person means any person or persons named in the application and who has been accepted by the administrator, Seven Corners, Inc., on behalf of Us.
Insured person means any person or persons named or specified in the Schedule, and his or her spouse, and children or step-children or adopted children under the age of 21.
Crisis event means any unstable and dangerous situation resulting from an unforeseen Insured Event which has directly caused or has the potential to cause serious bodily harm or death to an insured person, with little or no warning.
Crisis response consultant means Security Exchange, which will assist you with any crisis events. For more information please visit www.securityexchange24.com
Extra expenses means pre-approved expenses incurred by the insured person that are necessarily incurred directly and solely as the result of the management of a potential, actual or threatened crisis event.
Period of travel means from the time the insured person leaves his or her permanent country of residence, to the time the insured person returns to his or her permanent country of residence.
Permanent country of residence means that country in which the insured person has his/her principal place of residence and in which country the insured person has been resident in for at least 6 of the 12 months prior to commencement of a period of travel.
Ransom Cash and/or marketable goods, property, monetary instruments, securities or services surrendered or to be surrendered by or on behalf of you to meet a Kidnap, Extortion or Hijack demand.
We/Us/Our means insurers subscribing to this certificate of insurance.
You/Your means any person, company or firm whose application has been accepted by the administrator, Seven Corners, Inc., on behalf of Us, and whose name is identified as the assured on the ID Card.