VISIT® Student Travel Insurance

Specialized Travel Medical Insurance Plans for Students, Faculty, Scholars, and their Families

Why do I need student travel insurance?

Your school, visa program, and your host country may require student travel insurance. And your health insurance at home may not cover you when you travel abroad, which means you could be responsible for the bill if you get sick or hurt when traveling.

VISIT® Student gives you comprehensive medical coverage, an extensive network of medical providers, and 24-hour travel assistance.

Who can buy a VISIT® Student Travel Insurance plan?

You may buy a plan for yourself, your spouse and dependents if you are:

  • A full-time student, faculty member, or scholar;
  • Involved in full-time educational or research activities;
  • Traveling outside your home country;
  • Listed first on the policy as the primary insured.
  • At least 12 years old and younger than 65.

Non-U.S. citizens traveling to the United States
You must also have a J-1, H-3, F-1, M-1, or Q-1 visa or similar visa or participate in an OPT program.

Non-U.S. citizens traveling outside the United States and U.S. citizens traveling outside the United States
You must have a valid visa if required by your host country.

Your Agent

24/7 Travel Assistance


0-317-818-2809 (collect)

Includes 24 hour multilingual travel assistance, help finding a doctor, and evacuation if necessary.

Learn more