At Seven Corners Inc. we are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors and users of our websites and services. We collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal information in accordance with applicable privacy/data protection laws.
This notice explains how and why we collect, use and disclose your personal information, whether in oral, electronic or written form, when you interact with Seven Corners. It also explains how we safeguard the information you provide to us directly or indirectly. This privacy notice covers the www.SevenCorners.com and the www.WellAbroad.com families of websites available to visitors located throughout the world. These websites are operated in the United States in accordance with laws of the United States, and visitors to our websites should be aware that the laws of the United States may differ from those of your country of residence.
Seven Corners reserves the right to change the Privacy Notice and related policies and practices at any time. We will post changes on this website, which will take effect once posted.
EU-US & Swiss Privacy Shield
Independent Recourse Mechanism
How We Collect Personal Information
Personal Information We Collect
How We Use Personal Information
How We Share Personal Information
How We Store Personal Information
How We Secure Personal Information
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
Court Order Protection Requests
Contacting Seven Corners
Other Information We Collect
How We Collect Other Information
Third Party Privacy Practices
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Seven Corners, Inc. is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Seven Corners, Inc. is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Seven Corners, Inc. complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield websitehttps://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration regarding your privacy concerns when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Seven Corners, Inc. commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Seven Corners by email firstname.lastname@example.org or via post at:
Seven Corners Privacy Officer
303 Congressional Boulevard
Carmel, IN 46032
Seven Corners, Inc. has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.’s BBB EU Privacy Shield Program, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in Arlington, VA. (United States) If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/file-a-complaint/ for more information or you may file a complaint on the website through this linkhttps://www.auto.bbb.org/eu-privacy-shield-complaint-form/. The services of BBB EU Privacy Shield Program are provided at no cost to you.
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including our websites and the internet, over the telephone, through correspondence and from other sources, and, through third parties who have authority to disclose personal information to us, or where we are required to do so by law. The personal information collected by us will be limited to those details necessary for the purposes identified to you and necessary for business purposes with respect to our products, services and other business relationships involving you.
Typically, we will explain the purpose for the collection and use of the personal information when we request it. If you decide to withhold specific information, it may limit our ability to provide you with the services or products you requested.
If you provide personal information to Seven Corners regarding other individuals, you agree: (a) to inform the individual about the content of this Privacy Notice and any other applicable privacy notice provided to you; and (b) to obtain any legally-required consent of personal information about the individual in accordance with this Privacy Notice and all other applicable privacy notices.
Seven Corners collects many kinds of information to operate effectively and provide you the best products, services and experiences we can. Regardless of the source, we believe it’s important to treat that information with care and help you maintain your privacy.
With regard to your relationship with us (e.g. consumer insured or policyholder; producer or appointed representative; or other person relating to our business), we may collect the following personal information from you and your dependents:
- General Information and Contact information
Name; contact information such as email, mailing, or alternate address; telephone number; mobile number; fax number; telephone recordings; gender; photos; marital status; family status; date of birth; physical attributes; activity records such as exercise routines or driving records; relationship to the policyholder, insured, or claimant; beneficiary information; employment history; education; qualifications and experience; professional licenses.
- Identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies
Social Security or national insurance number; passport number and citizenship information; military identification number; or driver’s or other license number.
Payment card number and billing address; bank account or other financial account number and account details; credit history and credit score; assets; income; and other financial information.
- Medical Condition and health status
Your medical practitioner’s name, address, and contact information; current or former medical condition and health status including other factors affecting insurability; date and cause of death, injury, or disability; medical procedures performed; personal habits (smoking or consumption of alcohol); and prescription information.
- Other sensitive information:
Information about you from third parties from whom we have obtained data; affiliated company or sponsoring organization; unique identifiers such as certificate, group, insured or member ID, producer; and IP address.
The Seven Corners family of websites is not targeted to and does not intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we discover that a child has provided us with personal information online through this website, we will take reasonable steps to delete this information. If you believe we may have received personal information from a child under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Seven Corners uses the information we collect to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer. Information collected through one Seven Corners service may be combined with information collected through other Seven Corners services to give you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us. We may also supplement this with information from other companies. For example, we may use services from other companies to help us derive a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customize certain services to your geographic area.
We use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you about our business:
Provide you with relevant search results.
Make decisions about whether to provide insurance and assistance services; provide insurance and services, including claim assessment, processing, and settlement; and, where applicable, manage claim disputes.
Assess eligibility for payment plans and process your premium and other payments.
Transmit to third parties with whom we do business to reprice claims.
Resolve complaints and handle requests for data access or correction.
Send you important information about our policies, other terms, conditions, and administrative information.
Provide marketing to you in accordance with the preferences you have expressed.
Verify your identity on behalf of the site or service as you use a Seven Corners site or account to protect you from malicious account usage, and to protect the efficiency and security of the Seven Corners account service.
- Make decisions about our business:
Maintain and improve the quality, security, and integrity of our products and services.
Carry out research and analysis, including analysis of our customer base.
Prevent, detect, and investigate crime, including fraud and money laundering, and analyze and manage other commercial risk.
Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those related to auditing, finance and accounting, billing and collections, IT systems, data and website hosting, data analytics, business continuity, and records and document management.
Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process and respond to requests for public and government authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of our business partners, our rights, privacy, or property, and/or that of you and others and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
We will not sell your personal information to anyone. We may disclose any of your personal information, within acceptable regulatory limitations, when it is necessary for the conduct of our business, or where disclosure is required by law.
Except as described in this privacy statement, we will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your prior consent and as permitted under applicable laws.
We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. When we share information with these other companies to provide services for us, they are not allowed to use it for any other purpose and must keep it confidential. These services may include:
- Managing and investigating claims
- Payment processing to healthcare providers
- Providing customer service
- Sending marketing communications
In certain situations, Seven Corners may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or property of Seven Corners or our insureds, including enforcing the terms governing your use of the services, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. If Seven Corners is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may also share some search query data with selected third parties for research purposes. Before we do so, we remove all unique identifiers such as IP addresses and cookie IDs from the data. We also run the data through a process designed to remove identifiable information that users may have included in the search terms themselves (such as social security numbers or credit card numbers). Additionally, we require these third parties to keep the data secure and not to use the data for any other purposes.
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and will be stored in the United States. The United States may have different levels of privacy protection than the ones that apply in your country of residence. By submitting your personal information via our website, you agree to any such transfers, storage or other processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is handled securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
It is important to note that some or all the personal information you provide to third party service providers (such as doctors and hospitals) may be held by them in countries other than your own. Your personal information will be subject to the applicable laws of each such jurisdiction, which may not provide for the same protection as your country of residence. Seven Corners cannot be held responsible for the practices of those third-party service providers.
The retention period for your personal information is dependent upon the reason the data is being used. . For example, personal data can be a key element of a policy, a sales record, a claim or an email communication. Each area has different retention periods. For specific information regarding the Seven Corners Records Management Policy as it applies to Record Retention, contact the Seven Corners Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We utilize industry standard security safeguards, including maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, in compliance with applicable laws to protect personal information from loss and unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, inappropriate alteration or misuse.
- Employees are trained on the importance of privacy including prohibiting the disclosure of any customer information to unauthorized individuals or parties.
- Electronic customer files are kept in a highly secure environment with restricted access within a secure building. Paper-based files are stored in a secure building and are further restricted by locking filing cabinets. Access is restricted to authorized employees who have a legitimate business purpose and reason for accessing your personal information.
- To guard against unauthorized access, you are required to sign-on to your accounts and secured areas of the Seven Corners websites using a User ID and a password. Both the User ID and password are encrypted when sent over the internet. You are responsible for protecting your own information. Do not share your User ID or password with anyone. If you suspect that someone is using your User ID or password, please report it immediately by sending an e-mail to privacy@SevenCorners.com. Always log out of our website to keep your information and account secure. Protect your computer and environment with virus protection and other safeguards to make sure others cannot access your information through your computer. Seven Corners will not be liable for disclosures of your personal information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
- When you call us for patient and specific product questions, you will be required to verify your identity by providing personal information. We will only use this information to identify you.
- While we take reasonable steps to protect personal information transmitted electronically as outlined in this notice, we cannot guarantee our ability to do so as no internet transmission is 100% secure.
- We securely destroy, erase or de-identify personal information when it is no longer required to fulfill our services and commitments to you or our contractual obligations following applicable business, legal, or regulatory requirements.
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to purchase a policy.
- You can add, correct, or update certain personal information. Please note that before we can provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us respond to your request. We will only use this information to verify your identity. Where appropriate, we will communicate these changes to other parties who may have received incorrect information from us.
Additionally, certain business partners may require that you contact them to correct your personal information; in this case we will notify you and provide the appropriate contact information.
- Where allowed by law, you may request access to personal information and erasures of personal information we store about you. There may be circumstances when we are unable to provide access to your personal information. We may deny, or restrict access for legally permissible reasons, such as situations when the information contains references to other individuals and is not reasonably severable, or when it cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons. We will advise you of any reason for denying or restricting an access request. In certain circumstances, we may be required by law to retain your personal information or may need to retain your personal information to continue providing a service.
- You have the right to restrict processing or object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability. This may not allow us to complete certain functions on your behalf, such as process claims.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with our Privacy Officer if you believe that we have not complied with legal requirements with regard to your personal data.
To submit a valid court order of protection and/or a request to receive communications of claim-related information by alternative means or at alternative locations to Seven Corners, Inc., please send the following information to Seven Corners, Inc.
1. Policy information if available;
2. Any alternative address, telephone number or other method of contact; and
3. A valid court order of protection issued by a State Court and/or a statement that disclosure of claim-related information could endanger the person seeking confidentiality.
If you have any inquiries or complaints about our handling of your personal data or about our privacy practices generally, please contact us. We will respond to your inquiry promptly.
Seven Corners acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should contact us.
If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal information or may need to retain your personal information to continue providing a service.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com or you may use the US Postal Service and address your request to:
Seven Corners Privacy Officer
303 Congressional Boulevard
Carmel, IN 46032
We may collect other information which does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser and device information:
- Information collected through cookies and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you; and
- Aggregated information
Like most websites, our websites capture information about the time that you visited, pages you visited, and the state of completion of applications you may have started, internet browser type and version.
Information may be collected automatically though your device: IP address, screen resolution, operating system type and version, device manufacturer and model, language.
We use this information to ensure that the website and services are functioning properly.
- Through your use of the Member Portal:
Date and time of access, what information was accessed, and which files have uploaded or downloaded based on the device number.
- Using Cookies or online tracking.
Please note that we may use and disclose other information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat other information as personal information under applicable law, or if we combine other information with personal information, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “How We Collect Other information” section above, we may use and disclose other information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose personal information.
This Privacy Notice does not address, nor are we responsible for the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including a third party operating a site to which Seven Corners links. The inclusion of a link on a Seven Corners website does not imply endorsement of the linked site.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage, and disclosure policies and practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Apple, Microsoft or any other software application developer or provider, social media platform, operating system, or wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.