If you are studying in the United States on a J visa, you are required to have a minimum of $50,000 of evacuation coverage and a minimum of $25,000 of repatriation of remains. Liaison Medical Evacuation and Repatriation provides annual coverage that meets this requirements.

Who can buy the Liaison Medical Evacuation and Repatriation plan?

Any non-U.S. citizen and non-U.S. resident who is traveling to the United States and participating in full-time educational activities can buy this plan. You are not required to have a visa.

What if I already have a health insurance plan?

Some schools may require you to buy the university approved health insurance plan. However, most of the plans do not provide coverage for an emergency medical evacuations or repatriation.

What is evacuation and repatriation coverage?

It covers the expenses and associated services for your emergency medical evacuation or repatriation back to your home country.

Schedule of Benefits

  View Plan Document

All Coverages and Plan Costs listed below are in U.S. Dollar amounts.

U.S Coverage Included
Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation $50,000
Return of Mortal Remains $50,000
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) $10,000 principal sum for insured
$5,000 principal sum for insured spouse
$1,000 principal sum for dependent child
Assistance Services Included

Except as specifically indicated otherwise, all benefits are subject to Deductible and Coinsurance and are per Period of Coverage.

In specific scenarios, coverage is provided by Tramont Insurance Company Limited. For details regarding Tramont, visit tramontinsurance.com.

J visa requirements:

  • Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
  • Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
  • Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the J1 visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
  • A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
Liaison Medical Evacuation and Repatriation does not provide all of the J visa required benefits.  

If you are traveling to the United States on a J visa or other visa and have not purchased insurance for your time in the United States, you can also buy our Liaison Student Series for comprehensive coverage that meets all J visa insurance requirements shown above.

Contact Us

24/7 Travel Assistance

Seven Corners is here to help

From arranging emergency medical evacuations to helping you locate an embassy or providing you with medical and travel advisories and anything in between, our multilingual team is available 24/7.

Learn more


Privacy Information
Terms of Use
Security Statement

Connect with Seven Corners

About Us


Contact Us