Katherine Goens | Feb 21, 2018
This blog post was updated on September 14, 2020.
Whether you’re on your way or just day-dreaming about your next trip — here are some apps crucial for any type of travel!
1. Hopper – This app tells you the cheapest time to fly. Enter your travel dates and destination, and the app will give you a prediction of when the flight will be the cheapest and whether you should “Buy” or “Wait.” If Hopper recommends waiting, the app will send you notifications when the prices drop.
2. Packing Pro – This app takes packing to the next level. Packing Pro allows you to make personalized packing lists for every trip you take. The app also offers a feature that automates a packing list for you; you just enter the number of adults (males & females), children & days, as well as temperature, destination, food prep & clothes washing preferences.
1. Geosure – Plan on city hopping? This is your ultimate safety gadget! This app rates popular cities and neighborhoods on safety contingent on six factors: overall security, physical harm, theft, basic freedoms, disease and specific threats to women’s safety. Now you can know which places to explore and which to avoid.
2. Uber/Lyft – Both these taxi-replacement services are essential when traveling
! You can order either a Lyft or Uber, to your exact location and a local driver takes you to your destination. You can filter your ride by type of car, number of people, etc.
3. OpenTable – It can be a hassle finding good restaurants while on vacation, but this app makes it simple. OpenTable allows you to search, discover, reserve and coordinate dinner plans at restaurants around the world.
4. TripIt – This app will make organizing your trip a whole lot easier. By forwarding travel confirmation emails (excursions, flights, etc.), the app will produce an overarching itinerary for your trip.
5. TripLingo – International travelers rejoice, this app was made for you! With an abundance of resources, such as phrasetranslation (slang options available too), local cultural information and live translation features, this app definitely lives up to the hype and makes international travel easy.
Travel always has the potential to get a little hectic, but these apps can help minimize the stress and maximize the fun. By having these apps ready at your disposal, you can save yourself time, money and even some embarrassment!
Katherine joined the Seven Corners marketing team early January. She graduated from Butler University in 2017 with a degree in Strategic Communications and a minor in Spanish. Apart from work, she loves to spend time with family and friends, travel, run, and the occasional Netflix binge.
Navigator Alliance offers a variety of free benefits and services to help make your life and your travels a little easier. You’re welcome if you’re an avid traveler or a want-to-be traveler. You will receive perks you won’t find elsewhere, all for free.Join Us